Dark Matter/Energy
Will Dark Matter Mess with These Ultraprecise Atomic Clocks?  LIVE SCIENCE · 2 days
Researchers are putting a global network of the most precise timekeepers ever made to the task of hunting for dark matter, the invisible and largely intangible substance that researchers think... more
Ultraprecise Atomic Clock Network on the Hunt For Dark Matter  SPACE.COM · 4 days
Researchers are putting a global network of the most precise timekeepers ever made to the task of hunting for dark matter, the invisible and largely intangible substance that... more
Physicists Keep Trying — and Failing — to Find Dark Matter in Dark Places  LIVE SCIENCE · 4 days
A summertime sparkle seemed to hint that researchers had found dark matter, but it looks like those scientists were wrong. more
COSINE-100 Experiment Investigates Dark Matter Mystery  ASTRO WATCH · 4 days
Yale scientists are part of a new international experiment that challenges previous claims about the detection of non-luminous dark matter. Astrophysical evidence suggests that... more
Bizarre 'dark fluid' with negative mass could dominate the universe  PHYS.ORG · 5 days
It's embarrassing, but astrophysicists are the first to admit it. Our best theoretical model can only explain 5% of the universe. The remaining 95% is famously made up... more
COSINE-100 experiment investigates dark matter mystery  SCIENCE DAILY · 5 days
A new international experiment challenges previous claims about the detection of non-luminous dark matter. more
A controversial sighting of dark matter is looking even shakier  SCIENCE-NEWS · 6 days
Two dark matter experiments disagree despite using the same type of detector material. more
COSINE-100 experiment investigates dark matter mystery  PHYS.ORG · 6 days
Astrophysical evidence suggests that the universe contains a large amount of non-luminous dark matter, but no definite signal has been observed despite concerted efforts by many experimental groups. One exception is the long-debated claim by the... more
Theoretical predictions help dark matter hunt  PHYS.ORG · 6 days
A new Ph.D. thesis in the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, shows how utilizing tellurium as a detector material can help detect dark matter more effectively than currently used materials. The research also lays a foundation for... more
Key components of the Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument are installed atop the Mayall Telescope  PHYS.ORG · 6 days
Key components for the sky-mapping Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI), weighing about 12 tons, were hoisted atop the Mayall Telescope... more
Fabrication of Powerful Telescope Begins  ASTRO WATCH · 1 week
Fabrication of the Cerro Chajnantor Atacama Telescope-prime (CCAT-p), a powerful telescope capable of mapping the sky at submillimeter and millimeter wavelengths, has now begun, marking a... more
Atomic clocks now keep time well enough to improve models of Earth  SCIENCE DAILY · 2 weeks
Experimental atomic clocks have now achieved three new performance records, now ticking precisely enough to not only improve timekeeping and navigation, but also detect... more
NIST atomic clocks now keep time well enough to improve models of Earth  PHYS.ORG · 2 weeks
Experimental atomic clocks at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have achieved three new performance records, now ticking precisely enough... more
The 11 Biggest Unanswered Questions About Dark Matter  LIVE SCIENCE · 2 weeks
Physicists remain unsure about what exactly dark matter is and if it actually exists. more
Do Not Fear the Dark Matter Hurricane (The Dark Matter Hurricane Is Good)  SPACE.COM · 3 weeks
Scientists think there's a 'dark matter hurricane' coming, but it's definitely not going to kill you. It's actually kind of exciting. more
Do Not Fear the Dark Matter Hurricane (The Dark Matter Hurricane Is Good)  LIVE SCIENCE · 4 weeks
Scientists think there's a 'dark matter hurricane' coming, but it's definitely not going to kill you. It's actually kind of exciting. more
Dark matter 'hurricane' offers chance to detect axions  PHYS.ORG · 4 weeks
A team of researchers from Universidad de Zaragoza, King's College London and the Institute of Astronomy in the U.K. has found that a "dark matter hurricane" passing through our solar system offers... more
Big BangTelescopesGalaxiesBlack HolesUniverse
Bizarre 'dark fluid' with negative mass could dominate the universe
PHYS.ORG
Key components of the Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument are installed atop the Mayall Telescope
PHYS.ORG
Fresh